We understand it is not always possible to make a gift right now. That is why we encourage you, after meeting the needs of your family, to remember Wellington Hospitals Foundation (WHF) in your Will. Making a gift through your Will means that you can make an important contribution in the future without affecting your current circumstances.
Leaving a gift that will live on after you
A bequest is a gift left in a Will. Most bequests are made by ordinary people who want to make a positive difference after they’re gone.
Why leave a gift to the Wellington Hospitals foundation?
By making a gift to the Wellington Hospitals Foundation in your Will, you’ll be supporting the Foundation after you’re gone, ensuring that the work of making first class health services accessible to everyone will continue for future generations. The latest medical equipment can also be provided ensuring providing a efficient and accurate service.
Leaving a gift in your Will to the Wellington Hospitals Foundation.
By making a Will you can specify how you wish your estate to be distributed to your loved ones and to the causes that are important to you, like the Wellington Hospitals Foundation.
- Ask us for more information about how a gift in your Will may benefit the hospital. Please contact our bequest team on 04 8062324 or 207 240 8711.
- Arrange to see your legal advisor about making a Will or changing your existing Will to include the Wellington Hospitals Foundation. Your advisor can help you decide what type of bequest you want to leave. The Wellington Hospitals Foundation legal name is: The Wellington Hospitals Foundation. Charities Commission number: #CC22921
- Let us know your intentions. We understand the details of your Will are private, but we’d love to have the opportunity to say thank you and perhaps acknowledge your support in a way that’s acceptable to you. If you’d like your gift to remain anonymous, your request, of course, will be honoured.
Your gift will have an impact not just on this generation but for several to come.
Our official details for making a bequest are:
Wellington Hospitals Foundation
Registered Charity CC22921
- A residual gift – after you have provided for your family, you can nominate that you want to leave all or part of what is left of your estate (known as the residual) to Wellington Hospitals Foundation
- A percentage –you may choose to gift all or a percentage of your estate to Wellington Hospitals Foundation. This way if the value of your assets increase or decrease in time, so does your gift.
- A specific gift – you decide a specific gift, this could be a set amount of money, shares or real estate.
Our promise to you
- We will use your gift wisely – we promise to use your gift to ensure that the work of making first class health services accessible to everyone will continue for future generations.
- You can always change your mind – we realise your circumstances and priorities may change and so might your Will. We completely understand if you change your mind about leaving us a gift in your Will.
- We will be available – we are here and available to answer any questions you may have about our services, how the organisation is run and how your planned gift will help provide our region with the best possible healthcare.
- We will respect your privacy – we promise that anything you discuss with us will be held in the strictest confidence.