Today is International Volunteers Day. We are very fortunate to have a family of more than 450 volunteers, who generously choose to gift their time and talents to help our hospitals.
Every day Foundation volunteers:
– help patients and visitors navigate our campuses as a hospital guide,
– offer care, comfort and conversation to patients, as well as supporting staff in the ED and Renal units
– entertain patients, staff and visitors as hospital musicians,
– create gorgeous knitted, sewn and quilted items for the NICU, Delivery Suites, our community nurses as well as our hospital giftshop;
– enrich medical training and professional development by role playing scenarios as a Simulation Suite volunteer, and
– support the Foundation as street collectors, event volunteers and in a myriad of other ways.
We appreciate your support and couldn’t do what we do without you!!