Have you considered donating your tax refund to Wellington Hospitals Foundation?

For every donation you make over $5.00 you will have received a receipt.  With these receipts you can claim 33.33% of each donation back as a Tax Credit from IRD at the end of the Tax Year.

If you receive a Tax Credit (refund), the Foundation would be thrilled to receive it.  Every little bit helps build a healthier community.  See how you can help below.

Donate your Tax Credit

Improve the health of New Zealanders with your tax credit.

Using the IR526 form below, you can claim for donations, childcare or housekeeper payments.  Then you can support Wellington Hospitals Foundation (WHF) by donating the tax credits to the Foundation. It is very simple to do, here are the instructions:

  1. Print out the IR526 form.
  2. Complete your details on the form.
  3. In the ‘Transferring your tax credit’ section, write Wellington Hospitals Foundation in the ‘Name of person receiving the tax credit’ box.
  4. In Box 9, write the Foundation’s IRD number: 092-141-462.
  5. In Box 10, enter the amount you wish to transfer.  You may choose to transfer your total credit to the Foundation, or just a portion.
  6. Sign and date the form and staple your receipts to the back.
  7. Send your completed form and receipts to the IRD.

Thank you for making a difference.

Click here to go the Inland Revenue website to download the IR526 form

How much can you claim?

If you’re claiming for donations, you can claim the lesser of:

  • 33.3333% of the total donations you’ve made, or
  • 33.3333% of your taxable income.

Are you eligible to make a claim?

You can claim a tax credit if you are an individual and during the tax year:

  • you received taxable income, eg, salary, wages, and
  • you have valid receipts for donations made to approved donee organisations
  • you made childcare and/or housekeeper payments.

You can’t claim a tax credit for:

  • tuition, exam, tertiary education or private school fees
  • donations you’ve made through payroll giving at your workplace
  • payments made where there is direct benefit to the donor or the donor’s family.