New Children’s Hospital Underway!
We are delighted to announce that work has now begun on our brand new Children’s Regional Hospital. We expect the hospital to be completed as soon as 2020!
Timetable on time!
Doctors, nurses, hospital staff, designers, architects, community, Mr Dunajtschik and many others have been working hard since the announcement on 10th July 2017 and fantastic progress has been made. The following timetable shows just how much work has been done so far:
- New Hospital Announced – 10 July 2017
- Plans Finalised – 10 December 2017
- Demolition of Renal/Gym – Completed
- Developed Designs – Completed
- Resource Consents – Approved
- Relocation of Services – June 2018
- Detailed Design – June 2018
- Demolition of Riddiford – March to October 2018
- Start Foundations – June 2018
- Completion – June 2020!
- 3 storeys high with car parking
- 7500 square metres
- Build begins early 2018
- Estimated completion in 2020
- Wellington Regional Children’s Hospital
provides specialist tertiary-level care
for young patients from Whanganui
to Napier, down to Nelson and Marlborough.